Friday, February 15, 2013

How to Spend a Friday Night

After a difficult week of college, its best to relax, maybe even go out and make human contact. Unfortunately, the only human contact I will be having tonight will be seeing my exhausted face in the reflection of my computer screen. Not by choice, though. My college has this thing where if you get so much money in scholarship then you have to give some back through a campus job. I got fired from mine after the fall semester. I was a an aid for a picky, borderline bi-polar professor. He said he just didn't have enough work for me to do for the spring semester. So, I was left to take whatever job I could find for the spring semester. That's why I am sitting alone in a computer lab on a Friday night. I'm an exam proctor from 7 to 11 pm every Friday night for the next two months and people said college wasn't as fun as the movies made it seem. I really want to ask whoever made up this time why they thought anyone would think to come in. After a difficult week of papers, exams, class, and waking up in the morning, why would anyone be like, "Hey, its Friday! I'm going to celebrate by taking that math test for my online math class that I could take at anytime, but am choosing right now at 10 pm! I love college!" College makes people crazy. I am half hoping that someone will come in after pre-gaming and are so drunk that they actually think that they want to take this exam. I am that bored and who knows, it might be hilarious to watch a drunk student try to comprehend trig, but if they vomit, I'm walking. TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment