Friday, February 15, 2013

Rebel, Rebel


You know you are a square when your mother tells you over the phone that you need to loosen up and partying more, and also when you use the terms like “square” when you are describing how miserable and awkward you are in normal, social situations. To prove my mother wrong, I went crazy. I went to a party and drank out of a red solo cup, mind you it had coke in it, but as far as anyone else was concerned, it could have had anything thing in there.  I even broke a party rule by putting my cup down and unattended, while I grabbed a chip on the other side of the kitchen.  I also grabbed a napkin to use as a makeshift coaster because I may be a  “ totally non-square badass”, but wolves with poor table manners didn’t raise me.
The black part of my heart has always loved it when people try so hard and fail. Not when they are trying to do something meaningful, but when they are trying to be oh so cool and rebellious. But, let’s be honest, none of us can really achieve that status in a much to do about nothing college town in the Midwest. I mean we literally go to college in the middle of a corn field. So, how bad-ass can one possibly be in a corn field? At the party I was at, everyone was trying so hard, even me. I went around with my makeshift coaster telling everyone that the Beastie Boys fought, and possibly died for my right to party. But, no one could even hear me over the music. Anyway, there was this one girl who thought she was immune to any drugs just because she smoke some weed. She just thought she could advance to the next level, like this was some kind of video game, and took some acid. She though she was so cool. I saw her a few hours later with glass eyes and a vacant expression. I would have thought she was dead if I cared and I was living in a anti drug video where things like this actually happened. Truth is no one dies at parties.   

No comments:

Post a Comment