Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Burnt Out

I always wanted to go to college. It just sounded so amazing in my head and when I was little and would visit my sister at college, I just wanted to get the hell out of high school. Because high school was better than middle school and college had to be amazing because high school was awful. But, now that I am here, I just want to sleep. I still feel the proud, smart person feeling. Like, when I am walking to the library, books in hand and the ivy covered clock tower goes off. I don't feel it as often anymore, probably because its too cold to go to the library anymore and the ivy all froze off.  It is the end of my second year and I am already burned out. My college is over 1,000 miles away from home and in the middle of a corn field. So, there is no escape. There isn't even a bus line. I attend the self proclaimed "Harvard of the Midwest" and they make sure that you know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment